Here are a couple things you should know about me before reading my words:

1. I consider myself to be in a constant state of learning and growing. I am always open to any other thoughts or ideas. It doesn't matter if they are new, old, similar to my own, or totally opposing to my own. I will always try to weigh everything I hear with an unbiased point of view, and not be offended if somebody totally disagrees with me.

2. Ever since I can remember, every time I have had serious thoughts about serious issues (especially about God) the thoughts and ideas flow through my mind in the form of a sermon or speech. I cannot tell you why this is. Just please know that, although I sound extremely preachy, that's just the way my mind processes things. I am not in any way trying to tell anyone how to live his/her life. I am simply sharing my thoughts and views as best I can. It is your choice to take it or leave it.

3. I can't really think of any thing else that is totally necessary for you to know. I hope you fully understand everything that I say. Feel free to let me know what you think through a comment. God bless you all.

My Thoughts

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Off Again

Some of you may already know but I will share again anyways. I am leaving in about 6 hours to go back to Haiti for 5 months. I haven't posted in a while so let me fill you in on what has gone down in the last month and a half or so. So I got back from Haiti and felt deep down inside of my heart that I was supposed to go back. (To make this post a little shorter I will skip some of the details) So I went about raising money and convincing my parents that it would be ok. The money was raised. I bought the tickets. And I'm leaving tomorrow. How exciting is that. I can't wait!!! Anyways. I hopefully will be able to post a little more often this time around. Please keep me in your prayers. I will need all the strength and wisdom I can get in the next 5 months. I will be returning on December 16th. My work will be the same as last time. (managing the medical supplies at Mission of Hope clinic) I got a new video camera today and will hopefully be able to post some short clips of what I am doing. I will also be sending out emails to anybody who wants to receive updates directly. So whoever wants to be put on the list please send me your email address at danielwalton0@gmail.com. Well I better get some sleep. God Bless You All.

Much Love,

-Daniel

1 comment:

  1. Hi Daniel,
    You may or may not remember me. I have just returned from my trip to MOH. I was with the Mazurs. I seen your post on one of the pictures that I posted on F/B. As I read your blog, I can so relate with exactly what you are saying. I feel as though my work in Haiti is incomplete and I must return. That desire to come back is so overwhelming. I didn't even want to come home but because of some ministry things that I had given my word on, and a few medical issues I had to return. But man!!! it is ripping me apart. My commitment to these things promised ends the 29th of August.

    As I write this the song playing is "By the Power of Your Name." It makes me cry when I hear it. "I will live to carry Your compassion to love a world that's broken to be your hands and feet. And I will give with the life that I've been given and go beyond religion to see the world be changed...By the power of Your Name."

    I will be praying for you and if you could pray for me also I would appreciate it. I would write more but I just suddenly realized the time and I have a 9:00 am appt. and it's 8:30. I am sending you a friend request on F/B then one will follow for the ministry. If there is any way that I could come therefor like 2 or 3 months with no expense other then the plane ticket, maybe some job there at MOH would be wonderful, so that is what I am praying for. Also for healing as far as medical so that this can be accomplished. God bless you brother.
    In Christ Margaret Raker

    ReplyDelete