Here are a couple things you should know about me before reading my words:

1. I consider myself to be in a constant state of learning and growing. I am always open to any other thoughts or ideas. It doesn't matter if they are new, old, similar to my own, or totally opposing to my own. I will always try to weigh everything I hear with an unbiased point of view, and not be offended if somebody totally disagrees with me.

2. Ever since I can remember, every time I have had serious thoughts about serious issues (especially about God) the thoughts and ideas flow through my mind in the form of a sermon or speech. I cannot tell you why this is. Just please know that, although I sound extremely preachy, that's just the way my mind processes things. I am not in any way trying to tell anyone how to live his/her life. I am simply sharing my thoughts and views as best I can. It is your choice to take it or leave it.

3. I can't really think of any thing else that is totally necessary for you to know. I hope you fully understand everything that I say. Feel free to let me know what you think through a comment. God bless you all.

My Thoughts

Monday, May 24, 2010

Dear Lord,

Lord,

I'm in Haiti, I need your help.
I don't know how to cope with this dilemma
I know what you tell me is true, but others think differently,
What do I do?
Do I share the truth when I am not fully prepared
Do I seal my lips to avoid the battle
Do I live life with Love written on the tablet of my heart
And forget about wearing it on my chest?
When and where do I submit
When do I turn the other cheek
When do I stand and fight

Is submitting the real battle plan that I just don't understand?

Lord this is so confusing
There is so much to consider
Dilemma after dilemma it just keeps adding up
I feel like I have one too many boxes to lift
Too many thoughts to sift through
How do I decide which boxes to keep for myself
Or which to share with others
And what is to be thrown out and burned forever

Lord help me, This is an S.O.S.
I'm on this Island and my resources are fading quickly
How do I continue living like this?
Eventually I will run dry
Then What? Do I Die?
Im in Haiti, I need your help...

Love, Your creation,
-Daniel

p.s. - To those of you who are reading this. please do not worry. Just pray. I am blessed with the opportunity to serve here in Haiti and I absolutely love it. Some days are just hard. and I wrote this on one of those days. I love you all. More will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment