Here are a couple things you should know about me before reading my words:

1. I consider myself to be in a constant state of learning and growing. I am always open to any other thoughts or ideas. It doesn't matter if they are new, old, similar to my own, or totally opposing to my own. I will always try to weigh everything I hear with an unbiased point of view, and not be offended if somebody totally disagrees with me.

2. Ever since I can remember, every time I have had serious thoughts about serious issues (especially about God) the thoughts and ideas flow through my mind in the form of a sermon or speech. I cannot tell you why this is. Just please know that, although I sound extremely preachy, that's just the way my mind processes things. I am not in any way trying to tell anyone how to live his/her life. I am simply sharing my thoughts and views as best I can. It is your choice to take it or leave it.

3. I can't really think of any thing else that is totally necessary for you to know. I hope you fully understand everything that I say. Feel free to let me know what you think through a comment. God bless you all.

My Thoughts

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First Blog

This is my first Blog. As said in the heading the purpose of this blog is to update my friends and family and whoever else that cares about my trip to Haiti. I am leaving this Saturday May 8th, 2010 and will be returning June 3rd. I will be working at a compound called Mission of Hope located right outside of Port-au-Prince. Mission of Hope contains a small developing hospital, a church, and an orphanage. My job will be managing the overwhelming amount of incoming supplies while I am there. (mainly medical/surgical supplies) Another reason why I created this blog is so that I can have a place to share my thoughts and views on random things that consume my mind. I have written a few essays for fun in the past and will be posting those right after this post. Hopefully I will be able to continue writing down my thoughts after returning from Haiti and continue posting them on here. If you read any of my blogs please remember that I consider myself still young and learning. Therefore, anything I say that you absolutely disagree with, please let me know. I always try my very best to weigh each argument presented to me regardless of my previous beliefs. I do not by any means consider myself closed-minded and thus am open to hearing anybody's and everybody's thoughts and opinions. I do ask that if you do disagree and would like to share with me why, please do so in a respectful way.
In Him,
-Daniel Walton

1 comment:

  1. Haiti....your in my prayers.....God bless you and your team as you serve.....the idea of working in a hot supply tent over an extended period to organize medical/surgical supplies for a mission organization strikes at the heart of servant leadership....maybe you could share some of your thoughts about this as you experience the stress, strain and joy of service.....there is a great book I think you would like by Henry Nouwen..."In the Name of Jesus".....it may give you some insight in this great "bolder" of a concept of "servant leadership"

    ReplyDelete